Pages

Monday 7 November 2016

A Merry & Bright Christmas Card.

I love playing with bright colours and was doing so
when I found the Daring Cardmakers Blog
with this amazing Inspiration Photo.
Details - Here
 
 
Now who would not want to play with this beauty!
 
 
As part of the challenge you have to pick
3 elements for your creation. I chose
Colours including Gold Detail the tree and ribbon.
 
I started off with basic coloured card stock.
For my main background I chose water colour paper
inking it up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks -
Wilted Violet/Mermaid lagoon
 and Inka Gold which were spritzed
and added randomly.
This was also spritzed with SU Champagne Mist
Added a few touches of Inka Gold
to my card base to add interest.
Sentiment is from GKD and cut from a Kaisercraft die.
This also is spritzed and finished with ribbon.
My circle is a stitched die from MFT
and attached my Christmas tree from Nina's Things cut
from scrap DP and heat embossed twice with clear powder.
Finished off with some sequins and a tiny pearl.
 
I also saw that Happy Little Stampers 
November Christmas Challenge is Watercolour - yay!
 
 
so I am popping this card over there too.
You can find the details Here.
 
Thanks so much for dropping in.
Love reading your comments.
Till next time
Cherrio from
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely bright and cheerful card - great take on the inspiration elements! Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers - hope to see you again!

Judy Woodland said...

Holy cow, this card is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! And look at all that purple on the inspiration photo!!! LOVE all your elements, and the Inca Gold is GENIUS!!! You have used it before, and actually inspired me to get some. It's so shiny. This is a real work of art!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful take on that inspiration photo with all those awesome colors. I agree....those colors speak to me too!

Dawn said...

I love your inky background and layout of your card. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. xxx

Miri said...

I like all the details on your card like the great background or that you used a tag to stamp the greeting on.
Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love all of thee luscious colors splotches of gold. Love your upside down tag and your embellishments. All around wonderful creation! Thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge!