Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2017

My first posting as Guest Designer at Shopping our Stash

I was so excited and thrilled to be invited to be
Guest Designer for February over at  Shopping our Stash
Their challenge this week is Winter Blues BUT
don't make a Winter card. Pop over to the SOS link above
to get all the details.
This wasn't too hard for me as I am
sweltering through a heat waive
and anything cooling is fine by me.
 
 
I went with a clean and simple style getting out my
neglected gelatos in navy and swiping across watercolour paper
then adding layers of white acrylic paint.
I attached 2 cut out bull rushes from Craft Emotions
  framed and popped it.
The sentiment is from STAMPlorations Noteworthy.
Isn't is a great sentiment and one we should live by?
To finish it off I added more splats of white acrylic paint.
If you haven't been over to The SOS Blog be sure to head that way
and see what the Design Team have created for you.
Such a fun challenge. Hope to see you there.
 
Thanks for coming by today.
 
 


12 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card Ina...love, love the results. Haven't tried it before so will have to give it a go. Congrats on being the GD...they made an excellent choice.
xx Karen

lauren bergold said...

what an AMAZINGLY lovely card! WOW!!! so much texture and interest... i could look at this all day! thanks for being our february guest designer at SOS as well! <3

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Ina: WOW!! your card is gorgeous, what beautiful shades of blue you created for this scene, I bet you want to take a dip in that cool, refreshing water, right?
Love the Cattails die, the sentiment goes wonderfully paired with your beautiful panel, those words are definitely words to live by.
Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
PS. So you are in the middle of a heat wave, eh? I'm jealous.

Chana Malkah said...

Ina, we are so happy to have you with us as our Guest Designer! Your work is beautiful and this "Winter Blues" creation is a perfect example of your eye for detail and composition! Outstanding organization and execution!
HUGZ,
Chana

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is such a pretty card!!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh lovely card Ina!!
I will trade you a few Australian heat wave days for a few days of Canadian winter!
Thanks so much for being our guest designer at SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Barbara Godden said...

What a fabulous card, love it all. beautiful job and nice to have you as GDT for February.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulations and you are off to a great start with this beautiful card. I really love that background used with the die.

Carol L said...

THis looks amazing with all of the great texture and blue colors! Truly a stunning card!

Mimi said...

Howdy, Ina! This blue is so vibrant... goes well with your quote! I do not have gelatos... one of those things I'm telling myself I don't need... 'cause then I'll have *another* crafty addiction! Beautiful.

*Vicki* said...

First congrats to you on your GDT spot!! :) Your card is absolutely gorgeous Ina!! Love the texture you've achieved in that cloudy sky!! Such a stunning take on the "winter blues" challenge!! HUGS

Bobby said...

Congrats on your guest designing spot, Ina. The card is gorgeous - kind of like sky meets sea with clouds and waves.